As a wedding officiant who is also a premarital counselor, Dr. Emily Cook helps engaged couples navigate many aspects of wedding planning– from personalized ceremony details to a vision for your married future.
The words of the ceremony and the manner in which they are delivered are so important. Emily does it with grace and professionalism– with a dash of light-hearted humor.
Dr. Cook performs all types of ceremonies, including secular, interfaith, and spiritual. Most importantly, she works with you so that your ceremony is a reflection of your unique relationship and values. She can help you create a wedding ceremony that is personalized and meaningful.
Dr. Cook performs personalized wedding ceremonies in Maryland and D.C. for both heterosexual and same-sex couples. Unfortunately, she cannot perform wedding ceremonies in Virginia.
Favorite Maryland Wedding Venues // Maryland Wedding Officiant
- Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, Stevensville
- Springfield Manor Winery, Thurmont
- Overhills Mansion, Catonsville
- Oxon Hill Manor, Oxon Hill
- Antrim 1844, Taneytown
- Elkridge Furnace Inn, Elkridge
- Historic London Town & Gardens, Edgewater
- Rockwood Manor, Potomac
- Jefferson Patterson Park, St. Leonard
- Baltimore Inner Harbor
Favorite Washington DC Wedding Venues // DC Wedding Officiant
- Ronald Reagan Building
- Dumbarton House, Georgetown
- Private Home, NW Washington
- 101 Constitution Ave (Rooftop)
- Four Seasons Hotel, Georgetown
- Whittemore House, Dupont Circle
Contact Dr. Emily Cook, Wedding Officiant today for your free in-person consultation!
Emily Cook Therapy is honored to be a winner of the WeddingWire Couples’ Choice Awards for 4 years in a row!
When you choose Dr. Emily Cook as your wedding officiant, you’re choosing:
- An experienced officiant who will listen to your ceremony ideas and bring them to life
- An officiant who knows her role as part of the supporting cast to your wedding–a wedding where your new marriage is the star
- Careful crafting of a custom-written and personalized ceremony text, delivered with grace, professionalism, and light-hearted humor
- Guests at your ceremony who may laugh or cry, but who will never feel bored
- A ceremony that enhances your wedding style, honors your values, and compliments your wedding day timeline
And, of course, you’ll also have access to tons of resources and suggestions for ceremony readings and rituals, receive assistance with writing personal vows, and submission of your marriage license to the appropriate MD or DC courthouse. Please contact Emily for more information about the specific services that are included in each officiant pricing package.
Praise from couples who chose Dr. Emily Cook for premarital counseling and/or wedding officiant services:
“Her insightful questions and feedback helped us feel confident that we were making a wise decision in pursuing marriage and her warmth, humor, and authenticity made us feel totally comfortable being open and honest with her about our hopes, dreams, and fears.”
L & G, married March 2013
Pricing Information for Wedding Officiant Services
A high-quality wedding officiant is an important part of any wedding day– and any wedding budget. You want a wedding officiant who is experienced, personable, and warm. You want a wedding officiant who can provide direction for your ceremony, but who is also open and welcoming to your unique vision. You want a wedding officiant who sets the right tone during the ceremony so that a guest’s experience flows seamlessly into the rest of the wedding events. By choosing Dr. Emily Cook, you can be confident that you are choosing the kind of wedding officiant and premarital counselor you’ve been searching for.
Dr. Cook has thought carefully about the value of her wedding officiant services. She offers three officiant packages at different price points. Please contact Dr. Cook to schedule a complementary in-person consultation to get to know her and discuss your special day! She looks forward to working together to create a memorable, personalized, and meaningful wedding ceremony.