A Support Group in Bethesda, MD for New Moms
Focused on Movement, Meaning, and Motherhood
Our 2nd group is forming now for sessions starting in July!
The truth is, being a new mama is HARD. You’re with a tiny baby all day, feeling both exhilarated and exhausted. Your body is in flux and it seems impossible to find time to be active. Relationships with your partner and friends may be changing, too. You may be wondering to yourself…
- when am I going to feel like myself again?
- when will my body feel normal?
- when will I find time to socialize with other moms who understand what I am going through?
- how do I navigate going back to work?
- how do I find time to connect with my partner?
- how do I feel confident in my parenting decisions?
Knowing that you have a place to go every week where you can connect with your self, move your body, bond with your baby through music and dance, build new friendships, and share your feelings is an amazing gift to yourself as a new mama.
Click here to download our flyer for group 2 of Mama Groove!
Mama Groove Group Details
- For new moms of babies 8 wks to 8 mos (not yet crawling)
- Group led by Caryn Malkus, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Dance Instructor
- Group lasts for 6 weeks: July 27th, August 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st
- Cost is $85 per session ($450 total)
Mama Groove Group Goals
- To offer the opportunity for new moms to move their bodies, have fun, and connect with their babies while in motion
- To provide a safe, nonjudgmental space to share the challenges, joys, and questions of being a new mom
- To quell feelings of loneliness & isolation
- To forge bonds with other new moms in your local area
- To enjoy a fun, scheduled play date with your little one each week where you can move your body and get the blood and endorphins flowing
- To share in lively and engaging parenting discussions with new moms
- To learn about strategies and resources that will help support you during this time of transition to motherhood
Discussion Topics May Include
- Sleep & Self-Care
- Changing Identity
- Baby Blues/PPD
- Body-Image and Confidence
- Work/Life Balance
- Marriage & Friendship
- Sex & Intimacy
- Gathering and settling in with babies
- Check-in with each other and share recent joys/challenges
- Baby-wearing movement and dance to fun, low-impact music
- Weekly Topic Discussion
- Closing and setting intentions for the week ahead
- Optional: Lunch with mamas from the group in Bethesda
What to Bring
- An open mind and an open heart
- Baby-wearing carrier, like Ergo or Beco
- Anything you or your baby needs to be comfortable